Access statement for Sea House bed and breakfast Accommodation
Our aim is to cater for the needs of all of our visitors and to make their stay an enjoyable one. This is a summary of facilities on offer to guests.
Please do not hesitate to call if you require more information. We look forward to welcoming you at Sea House Bed and Breakfast in Swanage.
- Bookings and enquiries can be made via email or telephone or using the contact us form on the web site sea-house.co.uk
- Sea House B&B is in the quiet Edwardian residential streets of Swanage.
- It is a 10 minute flat walk to town.
- There are bus stops very nearby with buses to Wareham and Poole. The bus from town runs to Bournemouth.
- There is a steam train to Corfe Castle and Wareham within 10 minutes walk.
- Mainline train station is at Wareham (20 minutes by car) there are buses from here to Swanage, or taxis if required.
Arrival And Car Parking Facilities
- On arrival to the property there is free on street parking, most often available in Cecil Road but Cecil Road is not very long so rarely one may have to park round the corner on Kings Road West (a hundred meters or less).
- If you have mobility problems I can move my car, my car is most often the one right outside, guests can be dropped off outside the gate if required.
- We will be happy to assist guests with their luggage.
- The path is level stone and lit at night. The main entrance has two steps, one into the porch and a second one into the house.
Main Entrance and Reception
- There is a bell on the outside porch on the right of the door.
- Main door is side hung on the left and is locked with an changeable electronic code, guests will be supplied their door code on arrival. I make a note of this for you on a non addressed card.
- Reception is bright, the floor is stripped wood with a wool hall runner
- The dining room is the first door to the right. Ahead are the stairs.
Public Areas – General (Internal)
- Emergency instructions are displayed in the bedrooms on the back of the information sheet on the tea tray.
- There are emergency night lights with detachable torches (‘safe T lights’)on the upper landing and in the ground floor hallway in case the lights fail.
- Fire :There are both hard wired and battery fire alarms. The bedroom doors are fire doors, there are fire doors each side of the Kitchen and half way down the ground floor hallway.
- The dining room has a stripped original pine floor, the stairs and bedrooms are carpeted.
- The stairs are 16 treads high. There is one handrail on the right as you ascend.
- There is a shared guest fridge on the upper landing for you to put foods/drinks in.
- You may ask to use the freezer in the kitchen for cool blocks.
- We are a non smoking establishment except the front garden.
- Breakfast is served in the dining room, on the ground floor choice of times range from 7 to 9.30, outside these times please ask.
- Lighting is bright and can be adjusted, please ask.
- Furniture is flexible and can be moved on request.
- Special dietary requirements can be catered for on request.
- There are three bedrooms on the first floor, two with showers and one with a bath.
- All bedrooms have wide opening windows providing good ventilation when desired.
- No smoking throughout.
- Hair dryers, towels and toiletries provided.
- The super-king/twin beds are without footboards therefore best suited to tall guests.
- All bedroom curtains are lined.
- Please ask if you need a heavier/lighter/no duvet or extra blanket in addition to the blankets provided.
Bathroom, Shower Room and WC ensuite
- The super-king/twin bed room has the largest shower
- The four poster room has the largest en-suite
- The four poster room has a hand held shower hose over a bath not a stand up shower as it is surrounded by wood panelling.
- Non slip floors in en-suites, for your safety as even these can be slippery when wet bathmats are provided throughout
- Basins supply mains drinking water
- By prior arrangement we sometimes accept small/medium well behaved non hair shedding dogs and guide dogs.
- We have one dog, a small exciteable but very friendly Woodle.
- If you do not like dogs he can be kept out of the way.
- The Woodle is not allowed in guest rooms.
- All rooms have televisions and tea/coffee facilities.
- Arrival time can be arranged in advance and we can be flexible if you keep in touch over text.
- Muddy shoes/boots can be left in the front porch if need be.
- Cycles may be locked at the side of the building hidden from street view.
- Particularly precious/valuable lightweight cycles may be kept in rooms if great care is taken carrying them there.
- Divers may wash equipment in the garden.
- There is passcode locked, secure, free wifi available in the house.
- Sea House accepts cheques, cash, or debit card payment.
- Laundry service available at an additional charge.
- Ironing board and iron available on request.
- Gas fired central heating throughout. Thermostatic radiator valves to turn off at will, please ask if you want the heating on, although if it is at all cold it is most likely to be on.
- Double glazing throughout.
- There is a small front garden with stone bench – smoking permitted.
- Side gate behind which cycles may be locked.
- Bins to the left of the house should you wish to privately dispose of anything.
We welcome your feedback and if you have and comments or suggestions we would be happy to hear from you.